Your website is the digital avenue through which your brand communicates to your target market. It’s aesthetic, tone, sentiment, content and usability are often your brand’s first ‘touch-point’ with your potential customers.
What does your website communicate about your business to your potential customers?
The Internet has become a vessel for people to find information, products and services no matter where they are in the world. It is truly a global marketplace and whether your target market is locally based, or global in nature, it is your website that will ultimately convince potential customers of yours to transact with you.
WEB DEVELOPMENT IN 2018
Long gone are the days where websites were static slabs of images and text that bore no resemblance to the business they once promoted. A business is a dynamic entity; changing their products, services, prices, locations, staff and promotions regularly.
The rise of Content Management Systems (CMS’s) has given the ability to manage content of a website back to business owners. This is a good thing, because nobody knows your business better than you – the business owner.
CMS-based websites such as WordPress, Magento, Shopify and Wix (to name a but a few) are all readily available platforms for developers, such as Site Marketing Solutions, to create wonderfully imaginative, functional, digital version of your business, that can be maintained and updated by you, without any need for any coding knowledge.
WHAT ALL WEBSITES SHOULD HAVE IN 2018
The ease with which web users can source information, products and services means that you, as a business owner, do not have very much time to convince a potential customer that they should transact with you, either via making contact or downloading a whitepaper or making a purchase.
If a website does not provide the answer to a problem within a few clicks, you can bet that potential customer will leave your site and end up doing business with your competition.
Did you know that approximately 70% of website searches are now conducted on mobile devices like phones and tablets? Yet for this statistic, only one in ten small businesses have a mobile responsive website. – this sort of statistic could be in larger text
RESPONSIVE WEBSITE DESIGN
WHAT IS A MOBILE RESPONSIVE WEBSITE
A mobile responsive website is one that adjusts itself automatically based on the device being used to view said website. The content is automatically configured to fit into the width-constraints of that device, and the vertical scroll (with one’s fingers) function is what will display the hidden content.
Mobile responsiveness is a critical factor in the following areas.
- Google gives more weight to a website that is mobile responsive, and is far more likely to show that website within its listings for searches conducted on a mobile device. Given 70% of web searches are no done on mobile devices, a business that does not have a mobile responsive website is losing potentially thousands of monthly visitations – potentially customers.
- Non-responsive website are extremely difficult to navigate on a mobile device; the content is small, the menus are often hidden and finding a specific piece of information whilst having to enlarge text, scroll horizontally AND vertically becomes too much of a chore. The result? That potential customer leaves the site and seeks one that is easier to navigate. One that IS mobile responsive.
Ease Of Contact
- Mobile responsive websites are able to have highly visible responsive phone numbers that can be activated by touching them with your finger. Doing so will result in your phone automatically dialling the business’ phone number.
TIPS FOR A WEBSITE THAT ACTUALLY CONVERTS BROWSERS TO BUYERS
These are our Top Ten Tips for website’s that actually convert.
- Make sure they are mobile responsive.
- Ensure that any “transactional” component of the website (this might be a contact form, shopping cart or download link for a whitepaper) can be easily found and actuated is as least clicks as possible
- Use images to break up large blocks of text
- Keep your styleguide (colours and fonts) consistent
- Make sure your menu is not too overloaded, if required, create more child menus so the main navigation is less cluttered
- Use video where you can. Video is a great tool for delivering information
- Ensure all phone numbers an email addresses are “callto” and “mailto” hyperlinks for ease of contact.
- Make sure your content is unique and adequately describes what you do
- Use contact forms that are appropriate for the content and visible so your customers can access them quickly
- Any links onsite should always open in a new page.
We grow businesses through considered digital strategies and measurable outcomes. Contact Us Site Marketing Solutions are a Melbourne based, full service digital agency specialising in search marketing and online development.
Site Marketing Solutions are a Melbourne based, full service digital agency specializing in search marketing and online development.
Who we are
- 0407 319 303
- 0420 869 380
P.O.Box 23/738 Burke Rd, Camberwell Vic 3124
© Copyright 2017 | Marketing Solutions | All Rights Reserved